Thursday 21 October 2010

Passion and Responsibility

I envy people who have the opportunity to pursue the things they are passionate about. Like the hijabscarf girls and Hana . The fact that these girls are young and extremely talented at what they do is just so admirable! The world is indeed their oyster. :) I wish I have the balls to change my career. Don't get me wrong, I do love what I do, and I do see a future in the making, but some days I just wondered what if I had pursue what I love, os opposed to doing what I'm good at. Hmm..

The truth is, I dont have the luxury to jump careers as I am a government bonded servant. And I am to serve them for uhh.. at least for another 6 years? And if I were to quit, I need to pay my due which is ridiculously expensive (like few hundred thousands pounds expensive?) Forget about it right? After all, I have 2 little girls, a mortgage and bills to pay too you know.

But the desire is still there. Maybe one day. I just Hope I wont be too old by then. Or maybe I will. :P

But for now, there are a lot of passionate Muslim girls doing what they love and that thought alone keeps my desire burning. :)

4 comments:

  1. you can do it! nothing is too late! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspirational words. Insyaalah, one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You just said it. I am currently at the crossroads of a career change. I have been an English lecturer in a college for six years. And then I had a baby last year and took a year off from work. In the meantime I and a friend started something which I have always wanted to do since eternity- design stuff! I had Alhamdulilah, top university honors to my credit, but no desinging background whatsoever(heck, I can't even a sew a button straight!). But I started on my gut feeling and we began manufacturing jilbabs and abayas! Alhamdulilah, we have only begun but the response has been encouraging. Now as my one year leave draws to an end, I am confused- continue doing what might take ages to make any profits (but with all the passion I have) or go back to a job that pays well and is pretty decent mostly? :) Maybe you could have a look at our collection and tell me whether it has potential? lol!
    Do add me on facebook and have a look at the three albums we have managed to put up in the past few months!
    facebook.com/mifrahabid

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have passion when we still young, and we have responsibility when we grown up, so we can try the fashion high heels shoes and the Sexy Leopard Print Sandals at cwmalls.com with us and just enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete