Thursday 14 October 2010

Investing in your clothings

They say your wardrobe is an investment. I concur. A pair of jeans for example, could last you years, and styled in hundreds of different looks. But which kind of jeans would you buy? Skinny? Flare? Straight? Bell bottoms? Strech? Acid washed? With so many choices out there, how would you know that you've made the right investment? Maybe we should just buy a pair for each cut then. But how much would that cost, I wonder? I suspect its not cheap. Especially if they are designer labels. So the real question is, how much investment is a good investment? 

I am the type of girl who shop on impulse. I like to buy things that are in trend or things that are on sale-thinking its lucky that I was able to grab them at such low prices. I am starting to realise that its a bad habit because those clothes usually don't fit or look nice on me and would end up in the garage or donation bins. I, on the other hand, stuck with the same clothes and consistently complaining that i have nothing to wear! I dont think i have made many good investments overall. Slowly, I came to realise that i dont really need the latest trend just to look fashion forward. After all, who defines what looks are 'in' and what's not? What matters is that I look good, because lets face it... not everybody can rock a potato sack dress!

So how do one spot a good investmet piece? I began researching on the Net (thank god for mr Google!). Apparently, I should learn about the clothes that would look good on me and what doesn't. This is scientifically determined by body shape and porpotions. There are several body types and I learned that I am a strawberry. That means that I have a wider top body and slimmer bottom.



Therefore, I should avoid volume tops and explore fuller pants/skirts. Thats my biggest investment mistake spotted! ~I own too many Leggings!! Oh no! And I used to think that I look good in them because they accentuate my slimmer part, but turns out they actually shift eye focus towards my round body! Agghh! I can't believe I was so wrong! Infact, I had a scan of my wardrobe and realised that most of the clothes I own are bad for my body shape!! Oh dear me! Oh well, I decided to give my wardrobe a revamp. From now, I'm going to shop using my 'head' not my 'heart', and hopefully I become a better investor. So these are some of the things I learned about my body and how to style it. Here are some advices on what would be your best investment piece here

Ok peeps, gtg and list down my key investment pieces now. Maybe I'll put them up in my next entry and ask your opinion on them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment