Friday 15 October 2010

Maxi dresses simple chic


alternative view
Maxi dress jersey from Warehouse
Discounted price for £7

As I was browsing for my new key investment pieces, I fell in love with plain maxi dresses and skirts. They are simple, comfortable and would work well with layerings. I wonder why I haven't thought of them before! Maybe because I always thought that maxis would not suit petite girls like me. But I guess with the right cut, the right accessories and shoes, one could look taller. The maxis dresses and skirts were of course from last season summer look, but good news is they are on SALE now. :)

This time around I try to use my brains to work out what would look nice on me instead of just looking nice. So these are the outfits I chose.



MAXI VEST DRESS
Maxi Vest Dress Jersey from Warehouse
Discounted Price for £5


 

Image 4 of ASOS PETITE Boob Tube Maxi Dress
Tubedress in petite size from Asos
Discounted price for £8
I would then pair them with belts (i am still looking for a tan leather boyfriend belt) like this look below



and cover with waterfall cardi or a one buttoned jacket/ blazer like these:
Image 1 of Reiss Angelo Stripe To Button Blazer

Reiss Angelo Stripe To Button Blazer


Image 1 of Mango Ticking Stripe Jacket

Mango Ticking Stripe Jacket

Image 1 of ASOS Belted Longline Waterfall Cardi

ASOS Belted Longline Waterfall Cardi


 

Some key things I remind myself :
  • to be more adventurous with volume bottoms 
  • cardigan / jackets that slims the waist - eg would be the one buttoned jacket/blazer which will draw the eyes away from chuncky arms and shoulders
  • Wear bold bangles (i love this one!) to again draw the eyes towards bottom half
  • Wear long strapped bags which rests on my hips (not under the shoulders!)

I'm still unsure about wide leg jumpsuits as I am not certain jumpsuit is a good idea for petite girls to begin with, but I'll probably have a go in the fitting room one day if I do find them. I love palazos and wide leg trousers too but its risky to buy trousers online in case it doesnt fit me properly. I have to reserve that for offline shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment